Back in February this year, West England Bylines highlighted the plight of people with money problems and how the Credit Unions can help. We would now like to add this useful advice from Gloucestershire Credit Union.
Gloucestershire Credit Union have published this list of energy suppliers who offer grants to their customers, along with links to apply:
- British Gas Energy Support Fund – apply for a grant on the British Gas Energy Trust website
- Scottish Power Hardship Fund – apply for a grant on the Scottish Power Hardship Fund website
- Ovo Energy Fund – apply for a grant on the Ovo Energy Fund website
- E.ON Energy Fund – apply for a grant on the E.ON Energy Fund website
- E.ON Next Energy Fund – apply for a grant on the E.ON Next Energy Fund website
- EDF Energy Customer Support Fund – sign up to the priority services register to apply for a grant on the EDF Energy website
- Bulb Energy Fund – apply for a grant on the Bulb Energy Fund website
- Octopus ‘Octo Assist Fund’ – apply for a grant on the Octopus website
Even if you can’t get a grant from your own supplier, you might be able to get a grant from the British Gas Energy Trust. These grants are available to anyone – you don’t have to be a British Gas customer to be eligible.
You may also be able to access local grants and you can see what’s available in your area on the Simple Energy Advice website.
Ed: Please note that West England Bylines does not support any particular organisation or company. We do however give space to those who promote progressive and sustainable goals.
We need your help!
The press in our country is dominated by billionaire-owned media, many offshore and avoiding paying tax. We are a citizen journalism publication but still have significant costs.
If you believe in what we do, please consider subscribing to the Bylines Gazette from as little as £2 a month 🙏